Glasswork Careers in Las Vegas
Find a Fulfilling Career Opportunity in Las Vegas
The team at Davis Glass & Mirror is growing, and we are looking to welcome some new members. Our mission is to provide a variety of glass services and products for commercial and residential customers. We are a fully licensed, bonded, and insured organization that is proud to bring peace of mind to both our employees and the customers we serve. One of the aspects of our business that makes it such a positive experience for everyone involved is the fact that we have a 2 to 1 ratio of field to office workers and infrastructure. This is a standard that not many organizations in the construction industry can match. To take our accreditation a step further, we have had a spotless record with the Better Business Bureau. This means our business operates in a trustworthy manner and is a best-in-class provider.
At this time, we are looking for passionate professionals who want to begin a rewarding career with a highly established organization. When you join our team, you will be represented by The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades, which is one of the most active unions in the labor movement. We are dedicated to providing quality services and we welcome eager individuals who look to consistently improve knowledge of their craft. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please see our currently available positions below:
Residential Glazier (Full Time)
Davis Glass and Mirror, Inc. was established in 1985 by Dan Davis, we currently have 27 employees providing service throughout Southern Nevada. We offer services Monday through Saturday as well as 24-hour emergency service. The Davis Glass residential team provides services ranging from new skylights, windows, mirrors, and shower doors to glass replacement, window and patio door maintenance. We take pride in our craftsmanship, our prompt, courteous service, and making safety a top priority for every job.
Our growing company is looking for an educated and skilled glazier having both technical expertise and practical, on-the-job know-how. You will work full time with other team members and take jobsite responsibility for doing the work right and treating customers with courtesy and respect. Along the way, you will learn social and communication skills as well as sound work practices, all of which will serve you well in every area of your life.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Apprenticeship or glazing experience
- OSHA10 Certification
- Know and understand building and construction methods, materials and tools
- Know and understand mathematics, including geometry, algebra and their practical applications
- A high level of attention to detail
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Good communication skills
- Professional appearance
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
- Driver’s license with clean driving record
Our team performs accurate measurements, replacements, and installations of single-pane windows, dual-pane windows, showers (framed and frameless), mirrors, shelves, retro-fit windows, and patio doors. Glaziers should be comfortable with performing the following duties:
- Measure, cut, and install glass and mirrors various areas and structures, including bathtubs, showers, window openings
- Drive trucks to work locations and unload tools and equipment, and use suction cups or cranes to lift out glass panels
- Cut and remove old and broken glass before installing replacement glass
- Pack loose areas between glass panels and molding or frames with glazing compound, and trim excess material with a glazing knife
- Lift, hold and secure glass panels and mirrors into position with putty, adhesives, screws or bolts
- Measuring and marking lines or patterns on glass before cutting.
- Lifting 75 to 100 lbs. frequently and safely
We are looking for go-getters with a “can do” attitude who will contribute to the positive culture of our team and help us serve the Las Vegas community. In return, we provide the following:
- Full Time, Monday – Friday
- 401k with Matching Contributions
- Paid Holidays
- Employer Paid Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Union Pension
If you think you would be a good fit for a career with Davis Glass & Mirror, we would love to hear from you. To submit your application, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Feel free to give us a call at (702) 819-8452 or contact us online with any further questions.