Las Vegas Edgework
Beveling, Polishing, and More
When glass is cut it leaves a razor-sharp edge on the top and bottom of the glass. This not only poses a hazard to your safety, but also the overall look and appearance of your property. Even the smallest details like unfinished edges can ruin the aesthetic you’ve worked hard to maintain, which is why Davis Glass & Mirror offers a variety of edge finishes to meet your design requirements.
For unparalleled craftsmanship and attention to detail, contact our Las Vegas team and enlist our expert edgework services to take your glass to the next level! Call (702) 819-8452 for a free quote!
Our Professional Edgework Services Include:
- Seaming involves the top and bottom edges of the glass being sanded, giving it a smooth, safe edge.
- Polishing gives the glass edge a finished surface. A satin polished edge produces a low luster. For glass 3/8″ and above, a high-luster edge is generally requested, making the edge almost as smooth as the top of the glass.
- Flat polishing is the most common edge finish. The edge is ground at 90 degrees to the top surface of the glass and is finished with a satin or high luster finish. A flat polish has an “arias” (45-degree surface to remove sharpness from the glass) which shouldn’t be confused with a beveled edge.
- Beveling is a process in which the face of the glass or mirror edge is ground off, giving it a decorative look. Most bevels are ½” or 1″. These are the most common, however, several other widths are available.
- Mitering is a type of edgework that involves grinding the edge of the glass or mirror at a prescribed angle, such as a 45 angle. Two 45-degree miters could be put together to produce a 90-degree mitered corner (un-mitered glass would meet in a “butted” corner).
Bring Furniture, Exteriors, and Installations to the Next Level
Beveling and other edgework methods are often used on tabletops, vanity mirrors, and wall mirrors to give them a unique and professional look. At Davis Glass & Mirror, our team offers both straight lines beveling and unique shapes that can be customized to create a beautiful, elegant look that enhances the overall appearance of any glass or mirror.
Contact us online or call our office at (702) 819-8452 today to learn more about our customized beveling and edgework!